Saturday, December 11, 2010
The Water Party- We are Transparent, Shallow and All Wet.
Vote for me and I will set you afloat.
A new party is coming on the scene, a liberal lunatic fringe group. We are now in the process of picking candidates to represent the new party. A caucus will be held in early January to determine the most transparent, most shallow and wettest among us. The Water Party makes no pretensions as to allegiance. We promise everything and no results are guaranteed.
The following are the basic platforms of the Water Party.
1. A pony for all children under 12. There must always be a pony.
2. Allowance for that pony food.
3. All we need is love and beer, some ice cream and a hug. All will be provided every Friday night at government expense.
4. Days will have 32 hours. Longer nights for sleep and longer days. That is a 33.33% increase. An average day will have 22 hours of light and 10 hours of darkness,
5. Throw away all the calendars. We start at Year 0 and do it right this time
6. Required parties for every single holiday including everyone’s birthday.
7. All birthdays become national holidays.
8. Top 10% income earners pay for these parties.
9. 1% of the population will travel to a foreign country as ambassadors at government expense for one year.
10. Oh and yes social security, healthcare for all, rebuild infrastructure no more wars, racial and religious equality are a given. Anything requiring cash will be financed by the top 25% income earners tax increase to 33%
11. Lightning bugs will become the new national symbol and placed on an endangered species lists. Lightning bugs are the weirdest coolest bugs ever.
12. Illegal to kill butterflies in all states. Illegal to think about killing a lighning bug.
13. Cheating the American public and price gouging are punishable by all involved with prison terms and no early parole. A trial by jury of people involved is acceptable.
13. All animals have the right to bear arms.
14. All animals now have the right to vote.
15. All humans have the right to vote for their animals.
16. Since elections have international consequences, we will now be allowed to vote in every election for every country that has been admitted to the UN. Early registration for Belarus and Theresabus begins tomorrow
To give us an element of credibility (which is a slim chance), we try to remember our mentor Bruce Lee, "Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”