Sunday, September 27, 2009
1. The venom in a Daddy Long-Legs spider is more poisonous than a Black Widow's or a Brown Recluse, but they cannot bite humans because their jaws won't open wide enough. (Okay, oh wise ones, you are correct when you say this is a myth.)
2. On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
3. The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
4. If you toss a penny 10,000 times, it will not be heads 5,000 times, but more like 4950. The heads picture weighs more, so it ends up on the bottom more often.
5. Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
6. Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.
7. The pop you get when you crack your knuckles is actually a bubble of gas bursting.
8. 101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan (Wendy) are the only two Disney cartoon movies that feature both parents, neither of which dies throughout the movie.
9. The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
10. There is no Betty Rubble in Flintstones Chewable Vitamins.
11. It is impossible to get water out of a rimless tire.
12. Did you know that you are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than by a poisonous spider?
13. In Minnesota, it is illegal to cross state lines with a duck on your head.
14. In Indiana, it is illegal to ride public transportation for at least 30 minutes after eating garlic.
15. Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do. Oh crap!!!